If you have been driving around in Harrisburg, likelihood is you have seen some billboards advertising companies that buy homes.
Often times they assert things like “We buy Harrisburg Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Harrisburg Companies” Credible?
“How do i know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?”
Well… generally all of them look identical at the beginning… however, below we’ll walk you thru some things to look for in a local house buying company before you must work with them.
Buying and selling homes is a valid and respectable profession which will assist communities and house sellers in some ways. However similar to any other line of business – a minority of house buyers in any market are those who make the remainder of us look bad.
There are folks that are extremely nice, moral people who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there’s shady, dishonest people that place cash before the well being of their clients and who would sign the contract to sell their own granny with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the opposite – as long as they were creating enough cash.
Yes, they’re out there.
We’ll assist you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you’ll be able to work with honest, ethical, and honorable local companies who can purchase your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
But let’s not target the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover precisely what the most effective house-flippers do
What Reputable Harrisburg House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the cash they need right away. People usually would like the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We will make that happen in only a couple of days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and plenty of other people along the approach. The typical property transaction involves eighty-six individuals from beginning to end. Our investments create real jobs for individuals around Harrisburg PA.
- Buying US products. We spend a lot of cash on materials that are made right here within the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The U.S. economy depends on steady improvement, which requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Harrisburg neighborhoods. After we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the whole community. We frequently repair abandoned and neglected homes, turning them into lovely homes for families. That activity strengthens Harrisburg.
- Increasing the tax base. Once a brand new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our colleges, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you speak with an area house buyer to potentially purchase your house… raise them some of the questions below to confirm they are reputable , knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me additional information regarding your services?
- What aspect of your business causes you to be the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
- What do I need to do to sell my house in Harrisburg?
- Can you provide reviews or testimonials from past sellers that you have helped?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to urge you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, instead of a professional place like a closing lawyer or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral third party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is completed right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the choice today, be leery. Most respected house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for a minimum of 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason respected house buying services like ours at Respected Home Buyer PA do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales within the area, also… we have a tendency to buy multiple homes a month and after we make you a proposal we’re assuring you that the money to purchase your home is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we will close on your schedule. If you’re feeling the offer is not a suitable you, then we’ll assign those funds to assist another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and march on to someone who doesn’t raise too several questions.True investors who run honest and ethical Harrisburg house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses supported relationships and community development.So once you’re looking at one of the “we buy homes in Harrisburg companies”… never be afraid to raise questions!
Give us a call anytime at 717-230-1346 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>